Saturday, January 19, 2013

After the bomb cyclone

The remaining snow is melting away

The first snow of this winter in Tokyo caused many train delays, but the remaining snow is melting away now. Accordning to a certain TV weather forecast, it was caused by a rare low-pressure system. It's called 爆弾低気圧(Bakudan teikiatsu).
I usually hear this word in every winter when watching a weather forecast. I googled it just now, and found that this word is a literal translation of "bomb cyclone." BTW, 爆弾(bakudan) means bomb, and 低気圧(teikiatsu) means cyclone or low-pressure. I think it's no exaggeration to call it bomb. Actually it was like a bomb(Jan 14 was really a snowy and windy day).

Streets are not that slippery, so easy to walk now, but I miss snow. I miss bomb cyclone. It's great to drink hot Sake after coming home from office, especially on a cold day. I don't know how to describe. Can you imagine???

2 comments:

  1. Hot Sake after a cold day is always a delight. Though I am not a fan of the cold, I think snow is really pretty. I had the chance to visit snow for the first time this year. It was COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer summer, but I think winter is the best season to drink hot Sake. Summer is a season for chilled beer :D

    ReplyDelete